The basic mission of the non-profit company, EKOLAMP s.r.o., is to provide on a fair, open and non-discriminatory basis to all participants of the compliance scheme, i.e. producers and importers of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE), with the possibility of joint fulfilment of legal obligations applying to collection and recycling of used electro equipment as arising from the legislation of the European Union and the Czech Republic.
The EKOLAMP compliance scheme was established on 30 May 2005 with the following objectives:
- create conditions for fulfilment of the legal obligations of lighting equipment producers and importers
- ensure the environmental friendly disposal of used lighting equipment
- Philips Česká republika s.r.o.
- OSRAM Česká republika s r.o.
- GE Industrial s.r.o.
- NARVA B.E.L./ČR s.r.o.
On 13 December 2005 by a decision of the Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic EKOLAMP was registered in the List of Producers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment as an operator of the compliance scheme for EEE category no. 5 – lighting equipment (Registration Number KH002/05-ECZ).
On 5 September 2018 by a decision of the Ministry of the Environment of the Czech Republic EKOLAMP was registered in the List of Producers of Electrical and Electronic Equipment as an operator of the compliance scheme for EEE in these categories:
- Category 3 - Lamps
- Category 4 - Large equipment (any external dimension more than 50 cm, excluding the category 4b - solar panels)
- Category 5 - Small equipment (no external dimension more than 50 cm)
The complience scheme associates the producers (and importers) of electro equipment for whom it fulfils their obligations applying to the take-back of electro equipment as laid down by the Act on Waste. It is for this purpose that EKOLAMP is building a broad network of collection points throughout the Czech Republic and providing free electro equipment collection and recycling services for businesses and institutions as well as for ordinary citizens.
EKOLAMP, its bodies and further persons contributing to the administration of EKOLAMP and operation of the compliance scheme are governed by the following principles:
- legality, transparency, non-discrimination, credibility;
- human health and environmental protection; efficiency, sustainability, non-profit making;
- confidential information protection, protection of competition.
Service Quality Management
Annually EKOLAMP undergoes a statutory audit in accordance with Czech legislation and an internal audit at the recommendation of the Supervisory Board and conducted by an independent renowned company. Furthermore the company is certified and audited in accordance with ČSN EN ISO 9001:2009 and ČSN ISO/EC 27001:2014 standards.